Important information about TotalRecipeSearch hijacker:
TotalRecipeSearch (also known as TotalRecipeSearch Virus) is unreliable search tool that falls under the classification of browser hijackers. This toolbar is developed by Spigot, Inc., a group that is infamous for producing such suspicious applications as Slick Savings, Dealio toolbar, YTD toolbar and many others. TotalRecipeSearch toolbar replaces default search provider with its own. may even start slowing each of your web browsers. Of course, the appearance does not always tell the real truth about the trustworthiness of a website.
Let us begin our analysis by revealing its distribution methods. Most of the time you cab be rerouted to TotalRecipeSearch.microsoft.com and then to TotalRecipeSearch.com. Once it gets inside, it alters the default settings in the system and changes the homepage or reinstalls browsers. In reality, they are caused by a potentially unwanted program (plugin, extension, add on, etc.), which was installed on their computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware. This questionable Facebook Chat enhancer may be attached to various zip files, software updates, PDF creators, media players, download managers, and so on. Research has revealed that it is powered by Google and does not show the modified search results;
HOW CAN TotalRecipeSearch.com hijack my computer?
At TotalRecipeSearch In this case, you should avoid this questionable search engine because it may show you altered search results. free media players, download managers, audio editors, etc. Some of the sponsored webpages can be wicked. What is more, TotalRecipeSearch_65Service will be started as soon as the operating system is launched. According to researchers at 2virusremoval.com, there is also a possibility that this search engine will gather all the keywords you enter into the search box. If you agree with our malware researchers, you will choose to delete this malware. While it is unlikely that the cookies implemented by TotalRecipeSearch will track personally-identifiable information, the cookies of third parties related to this hijacker could be more intrusive.
TotalRecipeSearch spreads as an attachment of other free downloads. It can, in fact, take just a couple of minutes to remove a browser hijacker like TotalRecipeSearch if you use the proper equipment. They install it on Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It is recommended to remove TotalRecipeSearch from your system as soon as you detect it on your computer. If Once you reset the browser, you might have to readjust homepage and search provider settings, and so we added steps showing how to do that as well. If you want to restore security on your machine, we suggest that you start by removing TotalRecipeSearch from it.
TotalRecipeSearch removal procedure
It is possible to remove TotalRecipeSearch in two ways. //extensions/ (Chrome), or erase it using the Add-ons Manager (Firefox). However, this is how they miss a lot of bundles and add them without knowing. Even if you install it, checking each and every step in the installation wizard is always a good idea. It is a must to delete those programs as soon as possible because they act in an undesirable way, for example, ShopperPro might start showing commercial ads. This tool will take care of the elimination of all the installed threats. Then, delete the registry keys that might have been added to the Windows Registry.
- Integrates into the web browser via the TotalRecipeSearch browser extension
- TotalRecipeSearch Connects to the internet without your permission
- Slows internet connection
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- TotalRecipeSearch Shows commercial adverts
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Installs itself without permissions
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
TotalRecipeSearch effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 26%
- Windows 7 24%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 41%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in TotalRecipeSearch.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove TotalRecipeSearch from Windows
Remove TotalRecipeSearch from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove TotalRecipeSearch from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove TotalRecipeSearch from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove TotalRecipeSearch from Your Browsers
Remove TotalRecipeSearch from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete TotalRecipeSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with TotalRecipeSearch (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate TotalRecipeSearch from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to TotalRecipeSearch) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.