What is known about Search Pulse:
It has been researched that Search Pulse virus may get inside computers without any permission asked. Computer security experts say it is a browser hijacker, and such The program was developed by Babylon Ltd. You can get rid of Search Pulse manually, but it is always a good idea to get yourself a licensed antispyware tool that would safeguard your system against similar intruders in the future. This virus is the one that is responsible for altering default settings on your computer and setting Search Pulse instead of the start page, default search engine or new tab page. Despite the modern-looking and attractive appearance, Search Pulse is not a reliable tool at all.
Search Pulse changes your search results by including tons of sponsored websites. It will be set as your homepage and you will also see it every time you open the New Tab page. Such slogans are a clear indicator you may have been infected. It wants computer users to use a particular web search engine, which, unfortunately, is very unreliable. First of all, it has been revealed that this search tool might cause redirections to untrustworthy third-party websites. If this page has appeared on each of your web browsers, you can fix it with a help of this guide: Third-party threats might be found, but you should be specifically cautious about threats linked to Search Pulse;
How could this virus infect my computer?
As we have already mentioned, Search Pulse can become your browser’s homepage if you have installed SaferBrowser to your computer. Unfortunately, it says no truth. This way you can avoid many problems as programs like Search Pulse! In order to prevent its infiltration, you should spend more time on freeware’s installation. It is up to you to decide this, but our experience allows us to make an assumption that it is not entirely trustworthy. free programs as an optional component. Even though potentially dangerous results do not occur often, the possibility of coming across one remains, and if that happens, you might have to face devastating outcomes.
The main goal of developers of In some cases, unreliable web pages try to pretend like they are promoting a legitimate and safe software while they actually try to spread harmful programs. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. After the scan is completed and no trojans were detected, do the following: Also consider running a system scan with an anti-malware program to make sure not only your system is free of browser hijackers but also any other unwanted programs that could have infiltrated at the time Search Pulse was installed.
Quick Search Pulse removal guide:
You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. We recommend using the latter method since the anti-spyware program is more apt in locating any files which might be of any malicious origin. Follow each installation step and refuse making modifications in your browsers that you are not sure about or downloading unknown applications. Never download anything from unknown sources and always read Terms and Agreement even if those are well-known applications. Since its checkbox was already pre-marked, the hijacker successfully entered your computer. To identify these, scan with Anti-Malware Tool might be useful.
Search Pulse Behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Slows internet connection
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Search Pulse Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
Search Pulse effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 23%
- Windows 7 28%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 36%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Search Pulse.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Search Pulse Geography
Remove Search Pulse from Windows
Remove Search Pulse from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Search Pulse from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Search Pulse from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Search Pulse from Your Browsers
Remove Search Pulse from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Search Pulse from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Search Pulse (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Search Pulse from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Search Pulse) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.