Freehdsearch.com virus: is it a serious threat?
Our research team informs that Freehdsearch.com is a clone of Yeabests.cc, and it is likely that other infections similar to these are active as well. Of course, if you have heard somewhere that Freehdsearch.com search engine is reliable and opt for using it, you can do that for free. The program usually replaces your homepage while you are installing some free application from the Internet. Thus, these arguments should be enough to persuade you into starting Freehdsearch.com removal. As usual, it has a couple of shortcuts (this time these links lead to recipe centers) and a search box, powered by Search.yahoo.com. Of course, this is a sneaky hijacker, so it can infiltrate your computer without your approval. Your elected homepage, default search provider and new tab page will be occupied by Freehdsearch.com search engine with the same logo as the Dealwifi application.
Download Removal Toolto remove Freehdsearch.com
Freehdsearch.com virus may get on your computer after visiting hacked websites, viewing spam emails or downloading forged applications. Typically it spreads bundled with freewares and sharewares as an ‘optional download’, so it means that only if the user agrees to install a freeware with all its ‘optional components’, Freehdsearch.com redirect virus may land on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer web browsers. This rogue extension initiates several unacceptable activities: Those who are willing to remove this potentially harmful page from web browser manually should jump to the Page2. Freehdsearch.com will start to be the center of your universe, or more specifically, your browsing.
How did Freehdsearch.com hijack your computer without your consent?
It might be true that you will experience problems related to your privacy or even an online identity theft if you make a decision to keep Freehdsearch.com and let it stay on the computer. The Target predetermines where the browser is being launched from, and it can be used to predetermine the homepage as well. It has been found that the main method used to distribute Freehdsearch.com is called bundling. The creators of Freehdsearch.com use such a method because the transactions using MoneyPak cannot be canceled and it would be hard to track the ones receiving the money. either there is an ad-supported program hiding on your computer or you visit a shady gaming, freeware, or torrent site.
Bear in mind that Freehdsearch.com can also track your browsing habits and send this information to the third parties. Make sure to restore the default settings of your web browser first and then Freehdsearch.com this hijacker as a whole via Control Panel. Control Panel, Add/Remove programs list and uninstall it from there. You must remove Freehdsearch.com virus as soon as you detect it. You can also fix each of your browsers if this virus has changed start page and default search engine. Do not worry if you do not have time to clean your operating system yourself or if you lack experience to perform the operation successfully.Download Removal Toolto remove Freehdsearch.com
Tips on Freehdsearch.com removal
Freehdsearch.com virus can be terminated with an anti-malware program, but it can also be deleted manually. Most of the hijackers take over your browsers while you are downloading various freeware from the Internet. Developers might produce reliable main free software and promote them on the file-sharing sites. Make sure you go through each installation step thoroughly. for your searches, you will get a lot of sponsored results that are not relevant to your search queries, so you will waste your time this way. Usually you will have to deselect some checkmarks that indicate about unwanted modifications.
- Common Freehdsearch.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Slows internet connection
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Freehdsearch.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Installs itself without permissions
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Freehdsearch.com Shows commercial adverts
- Freehdsearch.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Integrates into the web browser via the Freehdsearch.com browser extension
Freehdsearch.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 27%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 35%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Freehdsearch.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Freehdsearch.com from Windows
Remove Freehdsearch.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Freehdsearch.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Freehdsearch.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Freehdsearch.com from Your Browsers
Remove Freehdsearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Freehdsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Freehdsearch.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Freehdsearch.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Freehdsearch.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.