Should I think that Torrent Search is a safe search engine?
Torrent Search also allows to perform online anti-virus scan. This is so because this infectious program is invasive and will make your online experience an annoying and frustrating one to put it mildly. The program was designed for advertising purposes. Besides, Torrent Search is also suspected for collecting personal users’ data in the background and sending this information to the third parties. First of all, you may be tricked into revealing your personal information. How can it do that?
In addition, it is said that: The information on the website suggests that this adware can provide you with a better browsing experience, as well as show local weather forecast, time, and date. Briefly said, an ad offering some tempting commercial deal, in reality, may lead you to some gambling platform or similar unreputable sites. Your default homepage and search engine will be alerted without any authorization. However, you should always bear in mind that by clicking on any of the links or ads provided by this plug-in, you risk experiencing Torrent Search redirects to suspicious third-party websites. Secondly, take some time and try to read end-user license agreement (EULA) section of your desired program.
How did you install this program?
Usually, Torrent Search spreads accompanied with other potentially unwanted programs, including Linkey, MyWebFace toolbar, Junk Cleaner, and many others. When you click on a search result delivered by this PUP, for your bewilderment, you might get redirected to websites full of commercial, gaming ads or offers suggesting to visit pornographic websites. In addition, this site starts showing up on all Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other ones) and may even show altered search results or try to collect information about victim’s browsing habits. The right malware scanner can help you identify all malicious infections, potentially unwanted programs, adware, and, of course, browser hijackers.
There is no doubt that Torrent Search redirects can cause a headache for inexperienced computer users who do not know how to deal with browser hijackers. This can expose you to this risky search page every time you launch your browsers. Go to Start -> Next to the search box, you can find buttons named Local Weather and News. Do not risk your computer safety – remove this hijacker And, as you might already know, gaming, gambling, torrent, porno and the like domains are better to be sidestepped.
Can I remove it by myself?
You can avoid installing Torrent Search to your browser quite easily. If Torrent Search hijack is an issue that you are dealing with, you should know that using a guide below is not very hard. These may come from cyber criminals who want to lure you onto their malicious websites to scam you in all kinds of ways. Always choose Custom installation and follow every step by reading what it says carefully. Plus, if you keep the software up to date it could help you maintain the system protected.
Torrent Search Behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Torrent Search browser extension
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Torrent Search Connects to the internet without your permission
- Changes user's homepage
- Common Torrent Search behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Slows internet connection
Torrent Search effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 21%
- Windows 7 28%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 42%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Torrent Search.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Torrent Search Geography
Remove Torrent Search from Windows
Remove Torrent Search from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Torrent Search from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Torrent Search from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Torrent Search from Your Browsers
Remove Torrent Search from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Torrent Search from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Torrent Search (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Torrent Search from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Torrent Search) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.