ClickForSale is a misleading browser extension for the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser. This misleading browser extensions use popup and inline-text ads as ” Ads by ClickForSale ” or ” Powered by ClickForSale ” to promote intrusive ads and web-traffic through or to a particular Web site. The ads promoted by ClickForSale are often used to send web-traffic to partners in order to make revenue with partners through the superfish. com, m2pub. com domain and other suspected advertising networks.
What does ClickForSale do?
Adware like ClickForSale can display and download ads and can be considered dangerous for your privacy. Adware is not harmful in any way like a backdoor or root-kit, but adware tracks your computer ‘ s internet usage to promote to you unwanted pop-up ads or redirect you to unwanted or even malicious Web pages. The ads will display green or blue highlighted keywords that will show pop-up ads, inline-text ads, intrusive advertising, ad overlays, or any other unwanted ads or pop ups in your browsers. Possible pop-ups may vary from legit ads with offers, promotions, coupons, price comparisons or pop-ups that provide a Java, Media Player or Flash Player update in order to install more spyware into your computer.Download Removal Toolto remove ClickForSale
This added features may seem legitimate, many internet users refer to ClickForSale as a virus, spyware or possible malware.
This is a well known social engineering techniques to trick the computer user into installing malicious or ad-supported software. Often this is where the problem persists, there is a thin line between legit, ad-support or Potentially Unwanted software (PUPs).
How to prevent ClickForSale?
It is advisable to always read the End User License Agreements (EULA) or Terms and Agreements before you install the software on your computer (We know, the EULA ‘ s are often long. . guess why. . ). Do don’t click too fast through the install process [Next] button of the software as you will agree to the software you may not want to install. If the installer offers a Advanced or Custom option button, click it to find out if there is any other malicious software offered and installed during the installation process. Also remember to check pre filled check box during the installation, preview them before you click to the next pane of the installer.
Prevent the installer as ” Fusion Install ” , â€œ Bundlore Limited ” , â€œ InstallX LLC ” , â€œ WARP Install ” , â€œ Digital Pine ” , â€œ Somoto ” , â€œ Firseria ” , â€œ Payments Interactive SL ” , â€œ Tuguu SL ” . These predefined installation software often contain additional software we classified as adware or potentially unwanted. All tricks to make sure their software is installed is called Dark models, this is user interfaces designed to trick the user and are used more and more these days to make software useful for its developer (s).
While these tricks may seem obvious to most, many new or inexperienced users fall victim to these tricks and end up installing unwanted software. Did you, keep our tips in mind for the next time or download this great free software called unchecky which does the work for you.Download Removal Toolto remove ClickForSale
- Common ClickForSale behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Integrates into the web browser via the ClickForSale browser extension
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- ClickForSale Shows commercial adverts
- ClickForSale Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Slows internet connection
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- ClickForSale Connects to the internet without your permission
ClickForSale effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 25%
- Windows 7 26%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 36%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in ClickForSale.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove ClickForSale from Windows
Remove ClickForSale from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove ClickForSale from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove ClickForSale from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove ClickForSale from Your Browsers
Remove ClickForSale from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete ClickForSale from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with ClickForSale (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate ClickForSale from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to ClickForSale) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.