Information about Speedtest-guide.com virus
Speedtest-guide.com is a free browser add-on which is supposed to enhance your experience on the Internet by displaying various advertisements; Speedtest-guide.com’, similarly to ‘Speedtest-guide.com ads’. In reality, this dubious media player is considered to be a typical adware, which is also known as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) because it is typically distributed in a bundle with various freewares and sharewares (download managers, games, PDF creators, etc.). If you are a security conscious user, make sure to stay away from this program at all times since our team has found out that in some cases Speedtest-guide.com could act in a quite malicious way. One very presumable reason for such promotional content can be traced back to an infection with an ad-based application (adware). However, the fact that some of them may be involved in the distribution of other PUPs or may reroute you to fake online shop should deter you from clicking on any of the Speedtest-guide.com Even more, this dubious adware may hijack each of your web browsers not only for getting the ability to display third-party ads, but also for getting the ability to monitor your online activities. You should not hesitate and remove Speedtest-guide.com because it will continue its activity time to time Speedtest-guide.com properties:
All the advertisements displayed by Speedtest-guide.com have a label “by CouponApp”; Unreliable extensions, plugins, and toolbars, such as Shopperz, ShopForU, and SuperMegaBest, could infiltrate your operating system without permission, or you could download them yourself. Such distribution method is called ‘bundling’ and allows combining several programs and spreading them in one pack. You should closely check every single program that you want Later on, it uses such information to select and deliver ads tailored to your interests. Remember to stick to official websites when it comes to software downloads.
HOW CAN Speedtest-guide.com LIST HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
Security analysts have figured out that adware, generating Speedtest-guide.com, is disseminated by a very reliable and successful technique: Many of us tend to go through the installation processes very quickly without paying much attention to what we are agreeing on. This program may also cause continuous redirects and other issues. We have developed it to assist you through this complicated process of virus removal. The only purpose of these ads is to intrigue you and make you click on them. Then scan your computer using an antivirus program, for example, Anti-Malware Tool which will make sure all unwanted applications are removed automatically. Therefore, you should select ‘advanced’ or ‘custom’ installation option and follow the whole installation.
Remove To learn more about specific features of Even if you remove the adware by yourself, it is recommended to perform a full system scan with antimalware tools afterwards. In the worst case scenario, you could encounter ads advertising malware, so after clicking such advertisements, you could accidentally infect the system with viruses, ransomware, Trojans, etc. It can be installed manually from its official website or can get inside unnoticed via other freewares. To identify them, scanning with Anti-Malware Tool or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. If you are encountering troubles removing the virus automatically, the manual removal instructions, prepared by our team of experts, are also provided below.
Remove this fake application effortlessly:
It is not difficult to get rid of the adware both, manually and automatically. To protect your system from privacy violation and stop these ads, remove Speedtest-guide.com as soon as possible. Avoid installing anything that looks suspicious. however, you would be much more secure using authentic security software. and make sure you follow the steps carefully. I believe it is not worth to be trusted. is that people are used to installing freeware by clicking the ‘Next’ button all the time,
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Slows internet connection
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Changes user's homepage
- Integrates into the web browser via the Speedtest-guide.com browser extension
- Speedtest-guide.com Shows commercial adverts
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Common Speedtest-guide.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Speedtest-guide.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Speedtest-guide.com Connects to the internet without your permission
Speedtest-guide.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 22%
- Windows 7 23%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 46%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Speedtest-guide.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Speedtest-guide.com from Windows
Remove Speedtest-guide.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Speedtest-guide.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Speedtest-guide.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Speedtest-guide.com from Your Browsers
Remove Speedtest-guide.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Speedtest-guide.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Speedtest-guide.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Speedtest-guide.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Speedtest-guide.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.