Searchgeniusapp.com search engine is NOT recommended for searching the web. What issues it may cause?
In fact, when you come up with some strangely behaving search engine which carries an extremely clumsy name, you can almost be sure that it is a fake search engine by Imali Ltd. The main thing you should know about potentially unwanted apps is that in most cases they are capable of installing themselves on your computer system without your consent. It is compatible with Windows OS, Mac OS and Linux OS and is primarily designed for Google Chrome web browser. Search engines, especially if it settled down on your web browser without requiring authorization. There have been multiple questionable search engines released by this company lately: Thus, you can keep reading the article or just slide below and follow the provided instructions.
Searchgeniusapp.com will give a lot of opportunities to interface with, download, visit and import applications, websites, services and content, originating from third-party services. This hijacker is a sequel to another browser hijacker called Searchgeniusapp.com One New Searchgeniusapp.com Speaking of the negative aspects of this Thus, once installed it may replace your default start page, search provider, a new tab, and start delivering altered search results. This website is a fake search engine which displays altered search results of Bing search engine. However, those who consider Searchgeniusapp.com to be a virus are wrong since technically it cannot cause you any damage.
How did the hijacker invade my computer?
In order to get rid of annoying redirections to However, those who seek to get rid of this program can do that with a help of this guide: Manual removal of this parasite can be very hard, because it requires extensive knowledge of systems architecture. Why? During further analysis, our researchers have discovered that some results coming from the dubious search provider could be hosting redirect links. Once infected, Searchgeniusapp.com removal process may take a while, so it is better to know how to avoid this virus in the first place.
Are you done with Searchgeniusapp.com? Even if you have downloaded the hijacker from the Chrome web store – in which case, it will not come packaged with third-party malware – you should inspect your operating system. When users download and are about to install a new Skype update or download manager, they ignore the possibility that there might be additional programs clung onto their required program. Of course, we also added the steps showing how to modify the homepage URL in case it stays hijacked after eliminating the extension. This precise option helps to get a more detailed look on the selected program, its EULA and the recommended software.
Searchgeniusapp.com removal: does it take long?
If you are ready to tackle this intrusive infection manually, simply change the URL of the home page settings in your browsers. Do you think you can manage the manual removal of this infection? You can find a manual Searchgeniusapp.com removal guide on page 2. The security status of your operating system should also be taken into consideration, so, if your computer is not protected by a reputable spyware removal, do not hesitate to implement the recommended spyware removal tool. Unreliable programs are often updated to become more persistent and stronger, and their removal might become more complicated. The reliable security tool will detect all the programs that might have come along with Searchgeniusapp.com and wipe out all the suspiciously-looking applications.
- Searchgeniusapp.com Connects to the internet without your permission
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
Searchgeniusapp.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 22%
- Windows 7 28%
- Windows Vista 12%
- Windows XP 38%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Searchgeniusapp.com.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Windows
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Your Browsers
Remove Searchgeniusapp.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Searchgeniusapp.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Searchgeniusapp.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Searchgeniusapp.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Searchgeniusapp.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.