Why is Comodo.com marked as a browser hijacker?
Comodo is only concerned with its needs and objectives. is presented as alternative search engine that is supposed to be easier to use and more efficient than Google. back after downloading free programs. If you have noticed it on any of your browsers, run a full system scan with Anti-Malware Tool, StopZilla or another reliable anti-malware tool. Once installed, this plug-in may take over all the most popular web browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari), replace default homepage, search provider, and install cookies on each of them.
To remove Comodo, run a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program, like Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. If you enter the URL address, you are redirected not to “results…” but to searchlock3.com. Beware that it can easily alter your start page, the default search engine, the new tab page, bookmarks list and similar settings. search.yourmapscenter.com, search.youremailnow.com, and search.yourclassifiedscenter.com, it would be best not to use this search tool as a default browser despite the legitimate-looking interface it has because a good-looking appearance does not necessarily mean that it is a good search tool. Keep in mind that it is still not safe to use it as a default search tool even though it starts working one day.
How can I avoid this hijacker?
Specialists have also found it quite strange that Comodo requires so many permissions, for example, to read and change data on websites, read and change users’ browsing history, manage downloads, and, finally, manage applications, extensions, and themes. however, you may notice it on your computer even if you are not from France. If you want to interact with the search results provided by Comodo without a single worry, it is important that you install a reliable and legitimate security tool that would screen the sites you attempt to visit and would warn you about the ones that are considered to be unreliable. Due to the fact that Comodo has to rely on a third party advertising network to provide you with these ads, it cannot review every single advertisement.
Go There are plenty of much better options out there. ” If you want to fix your computer manually, you need to be very careful and follow every removal step in right order. But if you rather trust your computer’s safety to the virus professionals, we recommend choosing the automatic removal instead. The information about the installation of the malicious programs is hidden in the “Custom” or “Advanced” settings of the initially downloaded software.
How to remove this suspicious browser hijacker?
The web pages you may get redirected while clicking third-party ads could be dangerous for other reasons as well and although we cannot be more precise about these risks, we advise you to eliminate Comodo in order to avoid them. Instead, execute automatic removal employing professional malware removal tools such as Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. They are provided on page 2. In this case, a security tool might be a better choice as it could help you delete other possible threats too. It is very important to delete every component of this PUP, so make sure you check for its files in your computer system and also do not forget to fix every web browser individually. It has objectives, a plan, and a way to pursue it.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Common Comodo behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Comodo Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Comodo browser extension
- Comodo Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- Installs itself without permissions
- Comodo Connects to the internet without your permission
Comodo effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 21%
- Windows 7 22%
- Windows Vista 9%
- Windows XP 48%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Comodo.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Comodo from Windows
Remove Comodo from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Comodo from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Comodo from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Comodo from Your Browsers
Remove Comodo from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Comodo from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Comodo (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Comodo from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Comodo) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.